So, being frustrated with the crazy amount of slugs this season – I decided to redesign my vegetable garden. Ambitions (being a lazy gardener):
- Rearrange the raised beds to enable an efficient electric slug fence
- Keep and improve automatic watering system
- Expand the number of raised beds (x2)
- Make gardening even easier, by having a clear strategy on the height of each raised bed based on purpose
This is what the garden looked like before starting the redesign digging.
I did not finish before winter, but this is the progress so far:
Really looking forward to start planning for next season! A lot of digging still in front of me – but it’s starting to look a tiny bit like the end result I’m striving for.